Soquel Surf Club is a non-competitive surf club for elementary students. Soquel Surf Club is a private entity, separate from Soquel Elementary & Soquel Home and School Club. SSC is a member of the Santa Cruz Scholastic Surf League.
This is an opportunity for children to learn to surf or hone their existing surfing skills. Soquel students of all abilities are welcome to join.
All Surf Club members will be supervised by a CPR/1st Aid certified Head Coach.
- For the year 2016-17 we will be meeting at Capitola Beach on Wednesdays from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM.
- Soquel Surf Club follows the schedule of the Soquel Union Elementary School District. If there is school that day, we meet (weather/conditions permitting). If there is no school that day, we don’t meet.
- Surf Club members must be 100% ocean ready (new members will be required to pass a brief swim test).
- A parent/guardian/responsible adult MUST be at every surf club meeting that the child attends. Surf Club members will be supervised while surfing by coaches, however, the ocean readiness of your child is your responsibility.
- Only soft-top boards are allowed at 1st jetty.
- Surf Club members will only be allowed at 2nd jetty if a coach determines she/he is ready.
- Team Lycra must be worn at every meeting. We want to be able to see you in the water!
- Team Lycra
- Santa Cruz Scholastic Surf League Shirt
- Soquel Surf Club gear as sponsorship allows
- LOTS of fun at the beach, fun Surf Club events, and a chance to surf (or learn!)
- Weekly snack- we provide some, and we ask you to bring snack during the year. Kind of like a sports team.
Membership DOES NOT Include:
- Wetsuit (ask about Soquel Surf Club discounts from local businesses- we can get you outfitted!)
- Surfboard (although there may be extras someone can lend you for the day)
- Competitive surf coaching- we are NOT a competitive team, we are a club.
All our coaches are parent/adult volunteers. If you have surfing skills, and want to help our kids, that would be great! Our program relies on coaches, and we’d love to have you! Don’t worry if you do not have CPR certification. We can help you get certified (if you are interested), and our Head Coach and Asst. Coaches have CPR certifiation.